Many IEEE sections in our region are geographically large.
Starting 2011, IEEE Region 8 has hosted a number of WebEx events (“Webinars”).
This service is available at no cost for IEEE Section events.
We are sharing some steps for this:
- Setup a regular event using IEEE vTools: https://meetings.
Enabling the “registration” link assists to keep track of who may be your attendees!
- Promote your event!
Use either your own SAMIEEE mailing lists, or use IEEE e-Notice.
Social media, such as Facebook Groups, Google Plus, etc can be a great way to promote your event!
- At least five (5) working days in advance of your event, request a WebEx event setup:
- Your request will be processed by the IEEE Member and Geographic Activities (MGA) Information Management team (email@example.com)
– If you’ve selected the teleconference option, you’ll also get the process to setup your audio. In case you’re in a country which does not have a toll-free, you could consider using Skype or Google Phone to reach the US toll-free number.
– Remember to send out the WebEx event link, conference code & link for global toll-free numbers to your participants.
– – This could also serve as a meeting reminder!
- During your event, you can record the WebEx session! For more information, see:
- Following your event, remember to submit a “L-31” report (using vTools) & also submit a short article to Region 8 news or other media!
(Steps 1-2 could be skipped if you want to setup a WebEx event for smaller meeting, e.g. Section ExCom meeting).
Best with your Webinars!
Saurabh Sinha, firstname.lastname@example.org
2011/2 Vice-Chair for Technical Activities