The IEEE Region 8 Vice Chair, Member Activities (VCMA) shall chair the IEEE Region 8 Member Activities Committee and be responsible for planning, leadership, and guidance for activities relating to IEEE Region 8 members, including the areas of membership development, admission and advancement, affinity group programs (GOLD – Graduates of the Last Decade, WIE – Women in Engineering and Life Members), communication, history and professional (non technical) activities.
The Region 8 Vice-Chair for Member Activities for 2013 is Aleksandar Szabo.
He can be contacted via e-mail: email@example.com.
Member Activities and Subcommittees
IEEE Region 8 Member Activities include, but are not limited to, the following Subcommittees and Activities:
- Membership Development
- Professional Activities (Enhancing Member’s Careers)
- Region 8 News (print)
- Electronic Communications (Websites, Electronic Newsletters, Mailing Lists)
- Sections Congress Organisation and Preparation
- GOLD (Graduates Of the Last Decade)
- WIE (Women In Engineering)
- LM (Life Members)
- HA (History Activities)
Goals and Objectives
Region 8 Member Activities focus on the following goals and objectives:
- Improve the value of IEEE membership by increasing services and benefits to R8 members
- Develop non-technical IEEE activities in the Region (including contests, awards and promotion programs)
- Foster members’ awareness of IEEE activities and existing benefits
- Support Region 8 initiatives and inform other IEEE organizational units about them
- Increase membership and develop retention strategies
- Develop local retention and membership programs
- Enhance member’s careers
- Provide a platform for co-ordination, motivation and interaction among R8 members and organisational units
- Provide input to the IEEE Membership Development Committee regarding R8 issues
- Assure IEEE membership promotion at IEEE Conferences and other events in R8
- Promote and support MA officers in R8 Sections
- Provide Training & Orientations for Section MA officers
- Help in formation, organisation and development of non-technical IEEE organisational units (including affinity groups)
- Provide support to and rejuvenate IEEE organisational units
- Help with communication between existing IEEE organisational units
- Represent R8 members’ interests and voice their concerns
- Introduce new ideas and proposals and implement initiatives for new activities
within the membership responsibilities.
- Assure recruitment of new members and volunteers, control retention of active members and recovery of arrears.
- Promote and support member grade elevation
- Support and provide recognition of IEEE voluneers