Introducing the IEEE Standards Education Committee
The IEEE Standards Education Committee (SEC) is a joint committee of the IEEE Standards Association (SA) and the IEEE Educational Activities Board (EAB). Itâ€™s mission is to:
- Promote the importance of standards in meeting technical, economic, environmental, and societal challenges.
- Secure and disseminate learning materials on the application of standards in the design and development aspects of educational programs.
- Secure and provide short courses about standards needed in the design and development phases of professional practice.
- Actively promote the integration of standards into academic programs.
- Lead other education initiatives planned jointly by EAB and the SA as needed.
The IEEE Standards Education website will serve as the focal point for the delivery of all relevant information on education about standards. Among items provided on this web site are Tutorials, Case Illustrations and Student Application Papers.
IEEE Mini-Grants for Graduate and Upperclassman Design
Project Student Application Papers
$500 Grants for Students with Additional
Mini-Grants for Faculty Mentors
The IEEE is offering mini-grants to both students and faculty mentors to help with graduate and capstone design projects with an industry standards component. The IEEE will then publish the results as a Student Application Paper. Further information about these mini-grants can be found on the IEEE Standards Education website.